Wednesday 9 September 2015

MY LIFE-MY COMPETITION



MY LIFE-MY COMPETITION
That day the competition began, it all began when Adam’s gender set millions of spermatozoa on a race inside my mother.
Hmm! A great race indeed. Many died on the road, some got displaced, some were tracked down, some were held down, some missed the road, some were too slow to run, some were to sluggish to compete, some never know the purpose of the race so they never run well, some were too reluctant, some were discouraged. What a race full of character!
Though many ran well but only one got the prize. What a chaos! Eventually, one won out of millions,  got the prize ‘an egg’, it broke the ripe egg. What a prize, a visa, a pass to another world.
I thought it’s over, not until it was captured and transformed for another 9months before joining a new world of race. Oh! No wonder I cried bitterly on that fateful day; July 29th of that particular year, I know it’s not going to be easy in this
world. If I could experience such fierce competition in the womb with a sack-like size, how much more the world whose end I can neither imagine nor comprehend. Yes! That day I could remember I closed my eyes and my hands were folded because I can’t just behold the tension and pressure.
I realized a great task has began, I got set for the real race, the previous was just preamble. I knew right from time it’s going to be a war but what a pity, I never hold any weapon, I mean any.
As time goes on, I discover I have the greatest weapon, I have all it takes to fulfill, I have all it takes to conquer, I have it all, I have the BRAIN.
I only use two weapons to compete in the womb world; a head and tail maybe because am competing for a single prize (the egg). Here, I have other weapons such as two hands, two eyes, two legs, mouth, nose and others, at first I thought I don’t really need them since I won the race in the womb world with a head and tail but I discovered am not only competing for a prize here.
I am in the world where everything is competition, I started competing right from my very first breath and it’s sad that I’ll only stop when I give up the ghost.
I found myself in a competition whose duration is my entire life but am glad am not competing with anybody but with somebody, myself.
I don’t want to win all my competition here, I just want to win all the prize I compete for so that the account of my achievement will be interesting.
Okekeye Olushola Peter
 PHARADAY 2015.

SHARE THIS

Author:

0 comments: